Now in it’s eighth year, nominations for the 2018 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards have been extended. You now have until Monday 16 October to nominate inspirational women in tech.
The annual Awards programme uncovers and celebrates the most inspirational women in technology working within STEM industries, demonstrating the vast range of career opportunities that the sector has to offer for women.
Previous winners of everywoman awards testify to how recognition from one of the UK’s largest networks for women in business has raised their individual and company profiles. This includes new business opportunities following media coverage in major national, regional and trade publications and internal job promotions following recognition within their organisations.
The 2018 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards are free to enter here and the categories are:
- One to Watch Award - awarded to girl aged 11-16 who is actively encouraging girls to study STEM subjects at school-level.
- Apprentice Award *New for 2018* - awarded to a young woman apprentice who is a game-changer and is excelling in her early career.
- Rising Star Award- sponsored by T-Systems - awarded to a woman aged under 26 who is excelling in her technology career, making a valuable contribution to her organisation.
- Digital Star Award - sponsored by CGI - awarded to a woman who is excelling in a digital role. This could include innovative digital content, social media, web development or developing online solutions.
- Software Engineer Award - awarded to a woman who has made a significant difference to the art of software engineering and has built something new, shifted the art of the possible and is moving the profession forward.
- Academic Award - awarded to a woman in academia who has made an outstanding contribution to technology and science and whose work has made or has the potential to make a significant long-term impact in STEM.
- Team Leader Award - sponsored by American Express - awarded to a woman whose team leadership has greatly contributed to the organisation’s success and is leading a team of up to 100 employees.Start-up Founder Award- awarded to the most inspirational female founder of a start-up business (under 18 months old)
- Entrepreneur Award - awarded to an owner/operator of a technology business whose vision and talent will inspire others to start their own technology related venture.
- Innovator Award - sponsored by Equiniti - awarded to a woman designing, developing, researching, implementing or being exceptionally creative with technology in an unconventional and innovative way.
- Leader Award - sponsored by BP - awarded to the woman operating in a senior technology role within her organisation, leading over 100 employees and making a contribution to the strategic direction of the business.
- International Inspiration Award *New for 2018* - awarded to an individual based outside of the UK, male or female, for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women working in technology.
- Male Agent of Change Award *New for 2018* - sponsored by VMware - awarded to a male agent of change for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women working in technology.