The eighth annual FDM everywoman in Technology Awards, in association with techUK, is now open for nominations and seeking those individuals whose achievements not only influence those they work with, but also the next generation working in the UK’s technology industry.
This year’s programme will have a focus on identifying and celebrating role models to help inspire tomorrow’s world.
With three new categories introduced for the 2018 programme, entries are open to a wide variety of talent, from founders of truly innovative technology businesses to those implementing significant change in the organisations they work for. Entrants can be at any stage of their career, from young students or apprentices to innovators and senior leaders.
New category awards are the International Inspiration Award, the Apprentice Award and the Male Agent of Change Award, awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in technology
The 2018 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards are free to enter and the categories are:
- One to Watch Award - awarded to girl aged 11-16 who is actively encouraging girls to study STEM subjects at school-level
- Apprentice Award *New for 2018* - awarded to a young woman apprentice who is a game-changer and is excelling in her early career
- Rising Star Award- sponsored by T-Systems - awarded to a woman aged under 26 who is excelling in her technology career, making a valuable contribution to her organisation.
- Digital Star Award - sponsored by CGI - awarded to a woman who is excelling in a digital role. This could include innovative digital content, social media, web development or developing online solutions.
- Software Engineer Award - awarded to a woman who has made a significant difference to the art of software engineering and has built something new, shifted the art of the possible and is moving the profession forward.
- Academic Award - awarded to a woman in academia who has made an outstanding contribution to technology and science and whose work has made or has the potential to make a significant long-term impact in STEM.
- Team Leader Award - sponsored by American Express - awarded to a woman whose team leadership has greatly contributed to the organisation’s success and is leading a team of up to 100 employee
- Start-up Founder Award- awarded to the most inspirational female founder of a start-up business (under 18 months old)
- Entrepreneur Award - awarded to an owner/operator of a technology business whose vision and talent will inspire others to start their own technology related venture.
- Innovator Award - sponsored by Equiniti - awarded to a woman designing, developing, researching, implementing or being exceptionally creative with technology in an unconventional and innovative way
- Leader Award - sponsored by BP - awarded to the woman operating in a senior technology role within her organisation, leading over 100 employees and making a contribution to the strategic direction of the business
- International Inspiration Award *New for 2018* - awarded to an individual based outside of the UK, male or female, for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women working in technology
- Male Agent of Change Award *New for 2018* - sponsored by VMware - awarded to a male agent of change for their active commitment to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring or championing the progress of women working in technology.
Julian David, CEO of techUK comments: “techUK is proud to support the FDM everywoman in Technology Awards for the fourth year running. It is no secret that there is a gender diversity problem in the tech sector, and there is work to be done to ensure we are shining a light on the fantastic women in the sector pioneering a path for others in the industry. Role models are incredibly important and the everywoman in Technology Awards provide a much-needed platform for companies to celebrate their leading talent.”
Entries are open until 2 October and full details are available online here. The 2018 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards ceremony will take place at The London Hilton on Park Lane, 8 February 2018.