The SmarterUK Advisory Council sets the objectives for the SmarterUK work programme, including key areas of focus for our transport, energy and utilities, and smart communities work streams.
The Council aims to:
- Act as a champion for smart infrastructure, promoting its societal and economic benefits for the UK and its citizens
- Inform and shape a policy and regulatory environment that stimulates the growth of smart solutions and technology across key industries
- Address the key challenges facing smart infrastructure deployment
- Drive the conditions that have established the UK as a global leader in smart technology and the export of its products and services
- Create a positive and productive forum for stakeholders and interested parties to share knowledge, expertise and successes across the market
The Council is invite-only, to find out more please contact programme manager Teodora Kaneva.
Council members 2020:
Unif AI Technology, Dan Byles (CHAIR)
Athontel srl, Nanda Menon
CGI IT UK Ltd, Rich Hampshire
Centrica, Tabish Khan
Pinsent Masons, Natalie Trainor
IBM, Erwin Frank-Schultz
Atkins Global, Neil Thompson