World-leading communications infrastructure underpins the UK’s aim of an open digital economy that works for everyone. Communications networks are the life-blood of the UK’s digital applications, services and solutions, and a key component of this ambition will be in incentivising investment and innovation in this sector.
techUK’s Communications Infrastructure Programme brings together FTSE 100 companies and SMEs from across the sector - fixed, wireless, mobile and satellite operators, equipment suppliers - to develop a vision for great UK connectivity and what needs to be done to achieve it.
The Communications Infrastructure Council provides the strategic guidance to the CI Programme and the Council's composition is formed of nominated members representing companies across the communications sector.
This wider Communications Infrastructure Group enables techUK members to be kept up to date with work and activities which are taking place, and are elegible to attend the ad-hoc and planned 2018 events on:
- 5G & X - a series of targeted events which will promote 5G applications and markets by bringing 5G suppliers together with potential market customers through a series of targeted events
- Autonomous vehicles - Working with the SmarterUK Transport Workstream to explore the role how developments in technology are enabling the transition to autonomous vehicles. (such as the event Autonomous Vehicles and the Finance Sector - Monitoring the Road to Autonomy)
- Electric vehicles - Working with the SmarterUK Transport Workstream to explore how far we’ve travelled towards mass adoption of electric vehicles, what barriers are holding them back, and what are the implications for electricity companies when we get there?
- Drones - Working with the CE programme to explore the wide range of benefits to society offered by the use of drones, by both consumers and enterprise, and the need for a responsible regulatory approach to be taken.
- Supercharging the Digital Economy (3rd annual conference) - Working with techUK’s IOT/SmarterUK and Cloud, Data Analytics & AI programmes alongside leaders from industry and government coming together to explore how the UK can cement its leadership in the global digital economy.