On Thursday, 1 October 2020 techUK will be co-hosting a workshop with the group of councils involved in the housing repairs project funded by the MHCLG. We will aim to understand the role suppliers can help play in scaling transformation and digitising how social housing repairs get reported.
As a co-publisher of the Local Digital Declaration, techUK shares an ambition for increasing collaboration and creating the conditions needed for the next generation of local public services.
This workshop aims to provide a useful listening exercise for MHCLG and TechUK in helping drive collaboration across the local government ecosystem; and in return enable a constructive conversation around areas such as reuse and scaling from the suppliers' perspective.
We are hosting this workshop to hear from suppliers and provide a platform to:
- Introduce the project, share what’s happened so far, and hear feedback from suppliers
- Understand what MHCLG could do to support a diverse market of software providers in repairs management
- Discuss what suppliers could do to support the project and project councils
- Help shape the project’s approach to housing repairs service transformation
- Review and understand what resources are reusable and what role shared knowledge, components and service patterns might have in the context of real-world service transformation or delivery that you are working on.
We are keen to have a mixture of companies attend, from new entrants to existing suppliers, to large and small providers and those working in technical and strategic roles in particular. We want to hear from those that work directly with local authorities and their systems.