In december 2019, transmission and gas distribution network companies and the electricity system operator submitted their business plans to OFGEM setting out proposed expenditure for RIIO-2. We have now assessed these plans. This document, and others published alongside it, set out our draft determinations for company allowances under the RIIO-2 price controls, for consultation.
We are seeking responses to the questions posed in RIIO-2 Draft Determinations - Core Document by 4 September 2020.
- Embedding the consumer voice in RIIO-2
- Quality of service – setting outputs for RIIO-2
- Ensuring efficient cost of service
- Ensuring efficient financing
- Managing uncertainty
- Net Zero and Innovation
- - Net Zero re-opener
- - Innovation
- - Enabling whole system solutions
- Increasing competition
- Approach to the Totex and Business Plan Incentive Mechanisms
- Interlinkages in RIIO-2, post appeals review and pre-action correspondence
- Impact of COVID-19 on the price controls
OFGEM is holding a series of webinars to enable stakeholders to better understand our draft determinations. If you would like to join more than one webinar, please register for each one separately.
- Sector-specific price control: Transmission, 04/08/2020, 16:00-17:00 - Register here for the Transmission webinar
- Net Zero, 10/08/2020, 15:30-17:00, To include short overview presentations covering Electricity System Operator, Gas Distribution and Transmission. This webinar will also include an overview presentation for the Electricity Distribution Sector-Specific Methodology Consultation, due to be published in late July - Register here for the Net Zero webinar
- Finance, 12/08/2020, 16:00-17:00, To include short overview presentations covering Electricity System Operator, Gas Distribution, Transmission and Regulatory Finance - Register here for the Finance webinar
- Sector-specific price control: Gas Distribution, 14/08/2020, 15:00-16:00 - Register here for the Gas Distribution webinar