This round table with the Environment Agency has been scheduled for data centre operators obliged under Industrial Emissions Directive (implemented through EPR in the UK). The permitting process is complex, resource intensive and costly and a number of issues have been identified by operators. These relate to consistency, duplication, timeliness and proportionality. Member of the EA’s Permitting Team have kindly agreed to a face-to-face meeting with operators to try to resolve some of the most frustrating problems. This meeting will be open to anyone who is:
- undergoing IED permitting
- in possession of the necessary permit/s but needing a variation
- in possession of the necessary permit/s and wanting to provide feedback on FAQ and/or BAT
- in scope for IED but without a permit and needing to do something about it
- a consultant assisting an operator in their permitting process
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
NB, if you are wondering whether your site is in scope of IED, it only applies to facilities with over 50MW thermal input (about 16MW electrical output) of emergency generating capacity. If you are within this range, the