Hear expert insight on all the legal, financial and logistical obstacles associated with exporting overseas and how to mitigate these risks and trade safely overseas. Optimise your business model before networking with other like-minded businesses on the same exporting journey as you.
What will you learn?
Get the most from your export activity by considering your approach. As you venture into overseas markets ensure that your business is;
It will constantly relate to your business, challenge your ideas and encourage you to develop your thinking. You will consider;
- What you can get out of exporting - it might be more than you think!
- What you are selling - is it the same as in the UK? Does it excite your overseas customers? How do you promote what you have? How have you protected it? How have you set your pricing?
- Where best to trade - which countries can give you the best return for your efforts? How can you best research and find them?
- What resources will you need - how can you deliver effectively even with limited resources?
- Your best route to market - how can you cost effectively get into a market? How do you provide a great customer experience? How do you make a strong profit and control costs?
- How to best work with partners - agents, distributors, strategic partners; which do you choose and why? What type of agreements will you have in place?
Who is this event for?
Suitability criteria - companies must:
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in one of the 33 boroughs of London
- Be registered in the UK
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty" - please see the definition here
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years
- Have an annual turnover of more than £500,000 or, if lower, have already signed up to the Department for International Trade’s Intensive Trade Support Programme (ITSP)
To secure your place for this free virtual event, simply click the Express interest here.
Please note, only 20 places are available and the above eligibility criteria applies.
Places are limited to one delegate per company .- we highly recommend applying quickly to secure your spot.
Have a question about the virtual event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.