We want to engage with industry, academia, international partners and allies to optimise military logistics and promote UK prosperity; not just by being open for business; but open for modernisation. LOGNET is designed to improve outside understanding of UK Defence logistic and support requirements; pursue knowledge of academic and commercial capability and new developments while reinforcing partnerships through continuing engagement.
Benefits of attending LOGNET:
- Understand Defence’s logistic and support requirements to propose superior solutions.
- Opportunity to influence Defence's logistic and support policy, direction and development.
- Engage with the future vision of Defence's logistics and support capability and industry integration.
- Opportunity to conduct business with Defence partners.
- Maintain the equitable relationship between Defence and the logistics and engineering enterprise.
- Opportunity for attendees to forward questions, points and comments directly via an interactive conference software app.
Background to LOGNET 2019
Building on previous LOGNET events and the Modernising Defence Programme (MDP), Defence Logistics sees the opportunity to use LOGNET to develop thinking and activity influencing outcomes and future work as the department develops its next iteration of strategic direction.
LOGNET is used to support Defence Logistics in arguing the case for the UK to maintain a credible, highly capable and value for money logistics and support capability. This capability enables and supports military forces while contributing to other government department effect. Within the themes of the Modernising Defence Programme LOGNET seeks to enable a stronger relationship with Industry and welcomes new ways of thinking and innovation. Previously the LOGNET group has provided views and ideas; we have listened to these and used them to inform our work within the various reviews and activity that has been taking place. Now we are seeking a renewed discussion aiming to foster greater information sharing and the opportunity for the relationship to be evolved.