Places are limited so early booking is advised.
Energy systems are changing. New technology, services and smart solutions mean that supporting standards will soon become hugely important to the success of the smart grid. This one-day event is therefore aiming to:
- Demonstrate the importance of standards in enabling the best transition possible to a smart, flexible energy system
- Extend membership to L/13 – BSI’s core energy systems & smart grid committee
- Identify where new energy systems standards are needed for industry to prosper
This event is for anyone with a professional interest in energy systems & smart grids.
Morning - 10:00 – 12:30
Keynote speakers will cover:
- The view on the energy industry from the Energy Systems Catapult (Eric Brown – Head of Innovation)
- Upgrading the energy system, & innovation and standards from BEIS (Rachel Cooper – Head of Smart Energy, and Sally Fenton – Head of Smart Energy Innovation)
- IOfgem network innovation competitions (Gurpal Singh)
- The international perspective (Laurent Guise – Standardization Director Schneider Electric)
- Disruptive developments, IoT, connected homes (Andy Stanford-Clark, Chief Technology Officer, IBM UK)
- Standardization needs for the future energy system (Mike Kay, FPSA)
Lunch - 12:30 – 13:30
Afternoon - 13:30 – 16:00
Working sessions on:
- Demand side flexibility & distributed storage
- Cyber security & data privacy
- The consumer vision
- Network automation
For more details and to register, please click here.