This online London Tech Week fringe event will look at the carbon footprint of the tech sector and explore the steps companies can take to reduce their environmental impact.
Hearing from leading experts on tech and decarbonisation, we will look explore the latest energy and carbon trends in the sector, emerging best practice, and some concrete steps businesses can take to understand, reduce and mitigate their impact as part of a pathways towards net-zero emissions.
- 9:30-9:40- Welcome and introductions
- 9:40-9:55- The tech sector’s carbon footprint - Jens Malmodin, Ericsson
- 9:55-10:20- Global tech energy trends - George Kamiya, Emerging Technologies Analyst, International Energy Agency
- 10:20-10:35- A low carbon roadmap for the tech sector -Andie Stephens, Associate Director, Carbon Trust
- 10:35-10:45- Tech Sector Leadership in the Race to Zero Emissions - Steven Martineau, Mobile & ICT Lead, COP26 Climate Champions
- 11:00-11:20- Amazon Web Services casr study- Jake Oster, Head of Energy and Environment Policy, Amazon Web Services
- 11:20-11:40- Carbon neutral is no longer enough - Lorraine Tew, Cloud Supply Chain Sustainability, Microsoft
- 11:40-12:00- 'The changing colours of cloud: Journey to Green - Kulveer Ranger, Global Head Strategy & Communications, Atos
- 12:00-12:15- Buying renewables without subsidies -Chris Hewett, CEO, Solar Trade Association
This LTW fringe event is open to all. If you are unable to register via techUK’s member portal, please contact Lucas Banach. Joining details for this online event will be sent separately to your booking confirmation.