The importance of a digital ID as a way to join up and facilitate our digital lives is becoming more urgent. A digital ID is an essential tool which will create security and allow access across numerous areas from financial services to travel to access to public services. techUK has therefore launched a new working group to:
- examine the different ways in which the problem of e-ID is being approached;
- consider how interoperability could be achieved;
- learn from working examples from other countries;
- examine the barriers to a UK-wide digital ID and how to overcome them;
- work within government and with stakeholders to promote solutions to digital ID in the UK;
- examine how to strike the right balance between ease of use and security.