Join us for the launch of our inaugural annual State of the Connected Home 2018 report, Edition 2!
Industry experts will discuss the latest trends alongside GfK, techUK, and our Connected Home Working Group Chair Jay Chinnadorai.
The report is looking at the current consumer understanding of the connected home market. Developed in partnership with market research firm, GfK, it explores the appeal and ownership of different categories of devices and makes recommendations to encourage further adoption in the UK. The research covers knowledge and understanding of categories and ownership of connected home products and services and main barriers to adoption.
The report launch will be an engaging interaction and exploration of the sector as a whole and what can industry, together with techUK, do to promote and encourage a value proposition for consumers, working alongside government on privacy and security. You can check out our State of the Connected Home report 2017.
Date: Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Time: 15:00-17:00, followed by a drinks reception
15:00 – Welcome and introduction
- Teodora Kaneva, Programme Manager Smart Energy&Utilities and IoT, techUK
- Jay Chinnadorai, Chair of the techUK Connected Home Working Group
15:15 – Data Insights and the Smart Home - Market Overview
Imran Choudhary, Key Account Director, GfK
15:45 – Panel Discussion
Moderator: Jay Chinnadorai, Chair of the techUK Connected Home Working Group
- Imran Choudhary, Key Account Director, GfK
- Liz Dawson, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Smart Energy GB
- D’Arcy Rossiter, Head of Insight, Centrica Connected Home
- Simon Anderson, Co-Founder and Non-Executive Director, geo
16:30 - Q&A
17:00 – Networking reception