Blockchain and DLT have now gone beyond the 'hype' stage and are a recognised and potentially revolutionary tool, which is being implemented in businesses across sectors. Yet there is still much uncertainty as to where this new technology sits in relation to existing and potential future regulation.
Join techUK and a panel of experts to discuss these issues:
• Should Regulators lead or follow blockchain/DLT developments?
• Do Regulators understand blockchain/DLT?
• To what extent is the regulatory environment encouraging or hindering blockchain/DLT developments in the UK and how does this compare globally?
• What role should Government play in supporting the UK's blockchain/DLT ecosystem and how active should Government be in regulating or enabling distributed ledgers?
• What needs to change from a regulatory perspective to allow the UK to lead international developments?
• How will different approaches globally impact/ hinder blockchain/DLT development?
Moderator: Roger Oates, Partner, Tata Consultancy Services
Pamela Taylor, Partner, Innovation Link, Ofgem
Sue McLean, Partner, Baker McKenzie
Patrick Spens, Assurance and Transformation, PwC
Lawrence Lundy, Head of Research, Outliers Ventures