Join us for the third in the series of techUK's Big Data in Action Roadshows, hosted in Manchester
Kindly Sponsored by:
With assistance from the Federation of Small Businesses, Pro-Manchester, Manchester Informatics & BusinessCloud:
Throughout 2016 techUK will be holding a series of regional roadshow events across the UK to demonstrate the value of big data tools and technologies in action.
This half-day free-to-attend event will give you a deeper understanding of how Big Data and Data Analytics tools and technologies can help your business unlock, explore and gain value from data. We are also pleased that the Manchester Roadshow will feature examples of how Big Data and Data Analytics are advancing the healthcare industry through far greater accuracy in the diagnosis and understanding of conditions.
techUK has already been looking at the opportunities for Big Data to assist with healthcare. You can see a blog on the possibilities for Big Data to advance mental health diagnosis here.
In addition to networking and the opportunity to arrange one-to-one sessions between delegates and sponsors, this event will also include presentations and a Q&A with Big Data leaders discussing key issues including
- What makes Big Data different and where is the UK today on its Big Data journey?
- How is Big Data advancing the UK's healthcare sector?
- What are the opportunities and value of Big Data and Data Analytics to UK businesses and your business in particular?
- How to approach and implement a Big Data strategy?
Date: Tuesday 25 October 2016
Venue: The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, M50 3AZ
Timings: 08:30 Registration & Networking | 10:00 Session begins | 12:30 Lunch & Networking | 13:30 Event Close
08.30 -10:00: Registration and Breakfast
10:00 – 12:30: Presentations and panel discussion
- Mike Broomhead, Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Architect & CTO, IBM - 'How to approach and implement a Big Data strategy'
- Michael Gleaves, Deputy Director, Hartree Centre
- Daniel Ray, Director of Data Science, NHS Digital
- Julia Ross, Chief Operating Officer, PI Ltd - 'Big Data in Action Case Study'
- Ian Massingham, Senior Manager - Technical Evangelism team, Amazon Web Services
12.30 – 13.30: Networking lunch and exhibitions
About our Sponsors:
The STFC Hartree Centre is accelerating the adoption of high performance computing, big data and cognitive technologies into UK industry.
Backed by over £170M of funding from the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, and with strategic partnerships with a range of organisations including IBM, Hartree Centre are enabling businesses and academic organisations to apply these technologies to industrially relevant challenges to gain insight, value and competitive advantage.
• Collaborative R&D
• Software development and optimisation
• Platform as a service
• Training and skills
You can find out more about who Hartree Centre is, and how you can collaborate with them on their website
This event is now FULLY BOOKED
Please note, if you have not registered you will not be able to gain entry to the event
For any additional information please get in touch: