Connected vehicles and mobility-as-a service solutions are key to Europe’s digital transformation, where the increased safety, ease and efficiency of mobility can contribute towards a safer and greener society. The automotive ecosystem is experiencing an influx of technologies that hold promise to reshape it entirely. Digital solutions are among the key drivers in this transformation and could pave the way for a future of automated driving systems.
The increasing feasibility of connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV) has been one of the major trends over the last few years and they are set to become a crucial part of our hyper-connected world. However, the proliferation of CAV’s also increases the potential of cyber-attacks targeting autonomous vehicles, with potentially disastrous consequences. As connectivity increases, so does the number of threat vectors and there are questions about how to best mitigate against these ever-increasing threats.
At this techUK panel, we will be discussing:
- General principles identifying potential threats.
- Cyber security mitigation measures.
- Cyber security resilience.
- Legacy systems and interference with other cars on the road.
- Data processing from connected cars and the security of non-personal data.
The event will feature speakers from across the cyber and Mobility/CAV industries. These includes:
- Shadi A. Razak - Chief Technology Officer / Chief Security Officer – Angoka
- Patricia (Paddy) La Torre - Public Policy & Partnerships Manager – Humanising Autonomy
- Graeme Simpson, Engineering Service Lead – Cyber Protection, Roke Manor
- Nick Fleming - Head of Sector, Transport and Mobility – BSI
The full agenda can be found below:
10:00 - Welcome and Introductions
10:10 - Patricia La Torre, Public Policy & partnerships Manager at Humanising Autonomy
10:25 - Shadi A. Razak CTO at Angoka
10:40 - Nick Fleming - Head of Sector, Transport and Mobility at BSI
10:55 - Graeme Simpson, Engineering Service Lead - Cyber Protection at Roke Manor Research
11:10 - Open Q&A and Discussion
12:00 - Event Close
This event will be hosted digitally and more details will be sent to the attendees directly.