In our globalised economy, growing internationally is a key driver for a company’s success and profitability. Especially in the fast-moving tech industries, where establishing a presence in high-potential markets has become vital to increase sales, attract talent, boost innovation, offer cost effective and valuable after-sales services, and leverage investments.
UK tech companies tend to overlook Australia when setting up their expansion plan, whereas setting up a presence in this market is a boost for the development of a tech company’s regional and global activity. Hosting fast-growing hubs for a variety of tech segments, Australia offers a welcoming environment and great resources for UK businesses.
Specialising in International expansion support, ALTIOS International are organising this event in partnership with techUK, and will offer presentations, discussions, and networking sessions to help you build your project to Australia, with the participation of governmental institutions, corporate banks, an international law firm, and tech companies established in these markets.
14.00-15.00: Presentations and Q&A, Chaired by Pierre Boesinger / Country Manager of ALTIOS UK
- Simon Spier / Head of International Trade at techUK: Importance of international expansion for UK tech businesses, and support provided from the UK;
- Andy Thompson / Senior Investment Manager at AUSTRADE: Interest of the Australian market, localisation of the demand, and relevance for UK tech businesses;
15.00-16.00: Discussion Panel, Chaired by Alasdair Darroch / Senior Consultant at ALTIOS UK
- James Froud / Partner at Bird & Bird LLP: Management of International employment law project;
- Chloe Mascart / Head of Advisory at ALTIOS Australia: Setup of a cost-effective presence;
- Supun Jayawardana / Head of Innovation at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia;
- Elizabeth Vega / Founder and Global CEO of Informed Solutions: Experience, risks, and good practice.
16.00 to 18.00: Networking, with the opportunity of individually meeting with the experts, and sharing experience and good practice over refreshments.
To register please click book now.1710 ALTIOS TECH EVENT Australia to boost global expans... (pdf)