In 2016, techUK published its Cloud 2020 Vision report and recommendations for putting the UK at the forefront of cloud adoption. Today, in 2019, much of techUK’s vision has become a reality, with real signs of progress emerging across the UK’s vibrant, world-leading cloud ecosystem.
Nevertheless, techUK recognises the need to ensure that the UK remains at the forefront of cloud computing. As such, on Tuesday 16th July, techUK will be launching its Cloud 2020 Vision Update Report. Come along and join us to gain a greater understanding of the progress that has been made on the key areas identified in techUK’s Cloud 2020 Vision Report, the importance of cloud to the UK and future action needed to drive greater cloud adoption and maturity.
The launch event will feature a panel discussion on the #futureofcloud hosted by Duncan Johnson-Watt, Co-Founder and CEO of Blockchain Technology Partners with the following world-leading cloud experts:
- Robert Grigsby, Product Director for Cloud, 6 Degrees
- Mark Palmer, Head of Public Sector and Life Sciences, Google Cloud
- Karen Dewar, Vice President, IBM Cloud Technical Executive
- John Godwin, Director of Compliance & Information Assurance, UKCloud
The session will focus on answering the following questions:
- How important is system interoperability and data portability to the future of the UK’s cloud computing ecosystem?
- How can trust in the security of cloud computing services can be enhanced?
- What are the environmental implications of transitioning to cloud computing?
- How the current regulatory and legal framework support the adoption of cloud computing?
- What can public sector leaders do to plan the right strategy to increase the adoption of cloud computing services?
- How can the UK’s connectivity offering evolve to enhance the adoption of cloud computing?
For more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Tom Henderson.