techUK is pleased to announce that we are joining forces with the Analyst Observatory at the University of Edinburgh Business School (UEBS) to provide tech companies with a new service package for scaling up and internationalising your businesses through the endorsement economy.
Join us for the first free information session on the endorsement economy and the pitch to analysts on Tuesday, 29 January, 15:00-17:00, at techUK. The service package is particularly suitable for start-ups and SMEs with plans to scaling up and internationalisng. Companies interested in receiving more information or joining one of the upcoming sessions should register for the event below. If you have any problems registering for the event please contact Charlie.Wyatt@techUK.org who will be able to help.
Building on a decade worth of Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) sponsored research carried out at the UEBS and the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR), the new service package will offer tech companies the opportunity to:
- Understand the impact of the endorsement economy on their business growth
- Develop a successful strategy for company relations with industry analysts and winning them over
- Build a plan to navigate the endorsement economy
- Scale up and internationalise through analyst networks
The new service will ensure that post-Brexit, companies have the know-how and the right tools to place their ventures on the radar of leading venture capital, tech buyer and industry analysis ecosystems, and grow internationally.
Interested companies will be able to take advantage of:
- A series of free awareness raising talks focused on how scalability of a start-up and SME business is influenced by the endorsement economy and the second pitch – sometimes referred to as the second most important pitch you make
- Executive education workshops for marketing professionals and sales people on using industry analysts for tech marketing as well as sales and business development
- Access to information resources, such as cross-market, vertical market and regional briefing reports for both providers and vendors
- Pitch days to analysts from multiple firms at a multi-vendor, multi-analyst briefing and networking days, and ‘dragon's den’ workshops
Planned Event Schedule:
Tuesday, 29 January 2019, 15:00-17:00, techUK: Business Growth through Analyst Endorsements: Free information session on the endorsement economy and the pitch to analysts.
Friday, 22 February 2019, 14:00-16:00, techUK: Business Growth through Analyst Endorsements: Free information session on the endorsement economy and the pitch to analysts.
Thursday, 28 March, time: TBC, techUK: Workshop for marketing professionals: Using analysts for tech marketing.
Tuesday, 30 April, time: TBC, techUK: Workshop for sales professionals: Using industry analysts for sales and business development.
Dates for further events will be announced in Q1 of 2019.
Free information sessions will focus on:
- How analysts’ endorsements can speed the international growth of your firm.
- Why UK businesses fail to seek out, win and/or leverage analysts’ endorsements.
Workshop for marketing professionals: using analysts for tech marketing will focus on:
- Who the analysts are?
- What do they do and why they influence high tech markets?
- Strategies for influencing industry analysts.
- Preparation of company spokespeople.
- Review and development of appropriate, effective briefing materials.
- Introduction to the secrets of the successful second pitch.
Workshop for sales professionals: using industry analysts for sales and business development will focus on:
- Who the analysts are?
- What do they do and why do they influence high tech markets?
- Strategies for using reports for lead generation.
- Strategies for winning recommendations and introductions.
- Using silver bullets to enable resellers and sales managers.
- Plan for sales enablement with analysts.
Please note that workshops will be at a discounted price for techUK members (£295 + VAT) and at full price for non-members (£495 + VAT).