A techUK briefing on how data governance is managed in companies that operate in a global context. The panel comprises leading data practitioners from a range of industries (Tech, IT, healthcare and financial services) who have experience of creating and embedding robust data frameworks in the international regulatory environment.
Held on 14th January at the techUK offices, this 2-hour briefing will be facilitated by Talal Rajab from techUK and led by:
- Dyann Heward-Mills, CEO, HewardMills Ltd (A global DPO service headquartered in the UK)
Other participants include
- Privacy Office, Global Tech Organisation
- Legal Counsel HealthCare
- GC/CISO Banking
What can delegates expect?
The panel will share insights on the following:
- The various data governance frameworks and standards being considered and implemented by DPOs, CPOs and Privacy Offices
- The cross-functional and operational challenges faced globally by organisations and measures taken to overcome them
- Tips on best practice steps required to put your organisation in a defensible position and to leverage good data governance as a market advantage
Dyann Heward-Mills, CEO, HewardMills Ltd
With its core team of data professionals, HewardMills provides the best available Data Protection Officer (DPO) support for multinational companies. It provides regulatory advice to help clients comply with the GDPR, ePrivacy Regulations, cybersecurity as well as the legal and regulatory requirements arising from emerging technologies.
Before founding HewardMills, Dyann was a Partner at Baker Mckenzie leading the Data Protection and Cyber Security practice group in London. She advised on a range of information law matters including data breach management, Binding Corporate Rules (BCR), Anti-Money Laundering compliance, data protection audits, cloud computing and regulatory approvals.
Dyann’s career includes Senior Privacy Counsel for GE Capital, providing global support and advice on privacy and data protection matters and at Linklaters where, as the senior privacy and communications lawyer, she had global responsibility for data protection compliance, successfully securing BCR (the first for a law firm).
Speakers from Tech, Health and Banking sector