MOD continues to work towards a more inclusive and diverse workforce throughout UK Defence, and this event will provide a platform for women with technology skills to build relationships and discuss career pathways. Areas for discussion will include addressing stubborn barriers to progress in this space, identifying key role models and building strong networks and also highlighting specific achievements of women in the defence environment.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Brig Sara Sharkey, Head Application Services & DevOps, ISS
- Elaine Whyte, Director, UK - Technology and Innovation, PWC
- Nicola Greenman, Joint Cyber Unit, JFC
- Katherine Stubbings, Head of Projects, UKCloud
- Anna Carron, Client Technology Director, Atkins
- Chaired by: Angela Owen, Senior Advisor, PA Consulting and Founder, Women in Defence
As well as the briefing the event will be followed by a networking session and lunch with speakers and attendees.
Following the event, we will be encouraging networking and informal mentoring opportunities. To facilitate this we are hoping that some attendees will volunteer to be mentors. This will only be on an informal basis and there is no set requirement, we will just make it clear on your delegate badge that people looking for mentoring can approach you. If this would be of interest please get in touch with Dan Patefield.
For more information please get in touch with the techUK Defence team.