One year on from the publication of the National Cyber Security Strategy 2016 – 2021, this event will assess the progress made to date, as well as analysing the persistent challenges the UK faces in the face of growing cyber-threats.
Key areas for discussion will include:
- An update on the progress of the cyber growth initiatives announced in the strategy, including Innovation Centres and Academic Start-Up Initiative
- The role of the NCSC: how has the NCSC developed over the last 12 months, both in its position and structure and its relationships with Government and industry.
- Skills: how successfully is the UK plugging skills shortfall across the cyber industry (and digital skills more widely) and what more can be done by key stakeholders including industry and Government; and
- Funding and Investment: of the £1.9 billion earmarked in the strategy, where is this being spent, and what might be new areas for investment.
Attendees at the event will hear from a range of Government speakers including:
- Andrew Boyce, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Matthew Parsons, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)