The advent of the industrial Internet of Things (IoT) has brought together a convergence of IT and operational technology (OT), highlighting a key, critical issue: the differences between cyber security for IT and OT systems and the importance of developing new, effective defence mechanisms to prevent cyber attacks against industrial control systems. Too often, the difference between the two, and how they overlap, is misunderstood.
techUK, in partnership with the Automation Federation, is organising this half day conference to share lessons and current best practice between the UK and the US in defending industrial control systems from cyber breaches. The conference will cover areas such as:
- Experiences from industry in OT Cyber Security
- Standards and Competency Frameworks for Industrial Control Systems
- Government and Industry Efforts to Ensure IoT Products Are Secure by Design
Attendees will hear from a range of industry and Government speakers including:
- Doug Maughan, Department for Homeland Security (DHS)
- Emma Green, Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- John Moor, IoT Security Foundation
- Darren Thomson, Symantec
- Steve Mustard, Automation Federation
Further details shall be posted nearer the date along with the draft agenda. If you have any questions please contact Seema Patel.