Access to Government support and other useful resources
techUK is working closely with Government and wider public services to ensure that UK Government guidance and financial support is clear and accessible. If you feel that the guidance below is not clear or does not address your circumstance, please let us know. Please also raise any concerns you have regarding the financial support on offer and whether this is suitable for your business or if you are facing difficulties applying for the support. Please email email@example.com to get in touch.
You can find the UK Government’s general coronavirus help page here. For additional information see here for resources from the Scottish Government, Northern Ireland Executive and Welsh Government.
Financial support for business and the self-employed:
- UK ‘Future Fund’ for start-ups
- Government Coronavirus Business Support Hub.
- Bank of England Term Funding Scheme for SMEs.
- Guidance on flexible furloughing.
- Job retention scheme timelines.
- Working safely tool.
- New discretionary fund for small business.
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- £750M for R&D intensive businesses.
- Financial support for businesses including the business interruption loan scheme.
- Update on Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.
- Financial support if you are self-employed.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Extension.
- Government 'Future Fund' for high-growth start-ups, scale-ups, and R&D focused companies.
- Guidance for public bodies on payment of suppliers to ensure service continuity during and after COVID-19.
- Employee wage guarantee scheme, employers can apply for staff to get up to 80% pay if they can’t work.
- Change to insolvency laws.
- For further information and FAQs you can find the Government’s Business support microsite here.
- Cyber security guidance and advice repository.
- Data centres and COVID-19 update.
- Travel guidance for employees.
- Face coverings to become mandatory on public transport.
- Telecommunications companies pledge NHS support.
- Quarantine at the border.
- Package to support online learning.
- Resources to stay connected and improve digital skills amid COVID-19.
- NCSC calls for public to alert them on phishing emails.
- Findings from techUK’s latest COVID-19 impact survey.
- New guidance for staying safe online.
- Guidance for apprentices, employers and training providers.
- Guidance on further business and premise closures.
How to help the NHS, Government and Local Public Services:
- The Government wants help from businesses to increase testing capacity in the UK as part of its strategy to protect the NHS and save lives.
- Cabinet Office website to collate all offers of industry support across Government (including the NHS).
- NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution.
- Contact Tracing App.
- A collation of offers from the tech industry to support local government's response to COVID-19.
- UKRI open call for research and innovation ideas.
- #OpenForBusiness campaign
- Call for tech partners: Social care digital innovation.
- Open Call for Proposals in cooperation with the UK Space Agency (UKSA).
- Coronavirus Status Checker.
- Essential workers testing guidance.
For more information please contact: