techUK has a vibrant Health and Social Care programme - working on behalf of a range of exciting technology companies who are revolutionising health and care and we have partnerships with an array of central NHS bodies. This role acts as a link between the tech sector and policymakers and customers in health and social care, ultimately delivering maximum value to techUK’s health and social care members.
- Assist the Head of Programme in the implementation of techUK’s Health and Social Care Programme
- Support the Head of Programme in delivering the objectives of the Health and Social Care Council, including the smooth running of Council meetings, and delivering stakeholder engagement activities
- Successfully lead, manage and deliver the meetings programme.
- Manage techUK’s partnerships and relationships with key NHS and social care bodies.
- Raise the profile of the programmes through using effective comms channels such as regular newsletters, social media and ensuring regular content is available on the website.
- Manage a number of techUK member accounts to help with retention and ensure members are maximising value from wider techUK membership
- Assist the Head of Programme and membership team in the finding and recruiting of new members through research and articulating, explaining and selling the benefits of membership
- Ensure the in house CRM is used effectively
- Produce summaries of key policy documents and support the preparation of public policy submissions to regulatory reviews or government consultations
- Work with relevant teams across techUK to ensure we support them in delivering their objectives and seek their input as necessary
- Any other duties as required by the programme
- A positive, can do attitude
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading a project
- A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams (membership, marketing and business services) across techUK.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Has a can-do approach and comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment with competing demands
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences (e.g. writing consultation responses, blogs, newsletters, letters and minute taking)
- Is able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of techUK to a range of audiences from government to potential new members
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a reasonable understanding of the Health and Social Care IT landscape and the positioning and role of techUK
- Demonstrates knowledge of and a proven track record in using media tools (including social media) to influence an organisation’s point a view
- Strong knowledge of public affairs, ideally able to demonstrate a successful public policy outcome through using public affairs strategy
- Has an awareness of tech companies’ business models and drivers
- Has a proven track record and experience of managing complex relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Comfortable with and has experience of working with board level executives.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Interest in health / technology / public policy
- Strong interest in the UK tech sector and our mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
- Has a proven track record of managing events (dinners, breakfast briefings, seminars and so on) ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.