The HR and Operations Manager assists the HR Director with delivering HR and Operations support to techUK covering the full employee lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities – Human Resources
Take the lead on all recruitment activity including reviewing role profiles, advertising roles, liaising with line managers on candidate shortlists, organising interviews, booking interview rooms, candidate follow-up, maintaining candidate records, drafting offer paperwork, completing all administration related to on-boarding including right to work checks, reference checks, induction checklist, end of probation administration etc.
2. Performance Management and Reward
Co-ordinate all activity related to the annual performance reviews including distributing information, collating, logging and filing all paperwork, preparing performance management meeting documentation, assisting with salary survey submissions, preparing reports and annual reward paperwork including salary and bonus letters and total rewards statements.
3. Career Development
Co-ordinate all activity related to the annual development reviews including distributing information, collating and logging all paperwork, logging training and development requirements, assisting with sourcing and booking of training courses, managing all course administration, preparing reports etc.
4. Leaver Administration
Acknowledge resignations, liaise with individual and line managers on the leaver process, ensure payroll, IT, front desk etc are notified, prepare leaver paperwork and conduct exit interviews.#
5. General Administration
Carry out general administrative tasks eg updating HR documentation, dealing with standard requests eg mortgage and ex-employee reference requests, maintaining HR files (paper and electronic), liaising with payroll on staff movements, salary and other contract changes, staff benefits etc, administering staff benefit schemes, maintaining holiday and sickness absence records.
6. HR Database
Maintain the HR database including entering joiners and leavers, contractual changes, promotions, salary changes, bonus information, recruitment data, appraisal, training and development data, report production etc.
Key Responsibilities – Operations
1. Facilities Management
- Manage the allocation of lockers and security passes to new joiners
- Provide back-up cover for the front desk, AV equipment, meeting room configuration eg assist with furniture changes, lunches etc. as required.
2. Health and Safety
- Arrange health and safety training as required
- Arrange workstation assessments as required and ensure relevant follow-up
- Provide back up support for conducting health and safety inductions
1. Excellent attention to detail is essential
2. Methodical and thorough approach to work
3. Ability to acquaint self with systems and processes
4. Accurate data entry skills
5. Strong organisational skills and able to work quickly to deadlines
6. Ability to multi-task
7. Strong customer service orientation
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills
9. Strong team player
10. Ability to manage competing priorities and prioritise workload
11. An awareness of social media
12. Ability to learn quickly
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven recruitment management experience
- Proven experience of working with databases
- Highly competent with MS Office Suite
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with databases
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to: