techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. 900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
• Developing markets;
• Developing relationships and networks;
• Reducing business costs;
• Reducing business risks.
The person appointed with provide the essential administrative support to the policy team.
• Provide organisational and administrative support to the policy team
• Provide administrative support for group and committee meetings (ensuring effective and efficient scheduling, agenda setting, preparation of papers and accurate recording of the decisions made).
• Provide a point of contact for dealing with member requests for information
• Updating the website and member portal and supporting social media campaigns
• Ensure the CRM system is continuously updated through inputting or extracting data
• Provide administrative support for the events programme, including regional events, run by the team
• Ad-hoc diary support
• Maintain a filing system to ensure effective and efficient working for the team
• Good attention to detail
• Methodical and thorough approach to work
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to manage competing priorities
• A great team player who enjoys working with and supporting others
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to deal with detail
• Ability to develop and implement systems to ensure efficient delivery of programmes
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
Essential Knowledge and Experience
techUK is looking for someone with a passion for economic and political current affairs who is interested in pursuing a career in public policy to support its public policy team. The candidate should have:
• Demonstrable track record of being organised and efficient time management
• Good knowledge of social media and MS Office Suite
• Proven track record of working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Strong interest in the economic and society impact of digital technology
• Strong interest in politics and public affairs
• Evidence of being a team player
What the role can offer you
• Opportunity to work in a busy public policy team focused on digital tech
• Understanding of how a trade association works with its members to engage in public policy work
• Get to know and work with techUK’s member companies and its wide range of stakeholders
• The opportunity to develop under the guidance of an experienced team of policy professionals
• Experience in helping to run and manage events
• A chance to work in tech policy
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, please send through your CV together with a cover letter (max 500 words) to: