techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. 900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 800,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
- Developing markets
- Developing relationships and networks
- Reducing business costs
- Reducing business risks
techUK's Financial Services & Payments Programme works to ensure, on behalf of our members, that industry, Government, international and regulatory challenges are addressed effectively and coherently and that all stakeholders work together effectively in the common interest.
Provide administrative support to a team of people in a vibrant, friendly and collaborative office working on exciting issues with leading technology companies.
- Provide administrative/secretariat support to for board and committee meetings (ensuring effective and efficient scheduling, agenda setting, preparation of papers and accurate recording of the decisions made).
- Deal with member requests for information
- Keep webpages updated
- Ensure the CRM system is continuously updated through inputting or extracting data
- Provide administrative support for the vibrant events programme, including regional events, run by the team
- Ad-hoc diary support
- Maintain a filing system to ensure effective and efficient working for the team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to manage competing priorities
- A great team player
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to get to grips with complex information
- Ability to develop systems to ensure efficient delivery of programmes
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of secretarial and administration experience
- Experience of minute taking
- Experience of using databases
- Experience of helping to deliver successful events
- Proven track record of working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
- Highly competent with MS Office Suite
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in the tech sector
- Project management
This is a full-time role based in techUK’s London office.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, please send through your CV together with a cover letter (max 500 words) to: