techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow.
900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK.
These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
- Developing markets;
- Developing relationships and networks;
- Reducing business costs;
- Reducing business risks.
techUK has strong member representation across a broad range of tech markets and strives to be at the forefront of thinking about the key commercial, policy and regulatory factors shaping the sector. techUK provides technology industry leadership across private and public sector programmes representing a wide range of organisations including global corporates, SMEs and Start-Ups.
The Member Relations Manager will work closely with the Head of Member Relations and the programme delivery teams to ensure our members are aware of and engaging across techUK’s various programmes and services.
Fundamental to the role is the ability to quickly get to grips with complex issues, put them into a wider context and determine how best to communicate the techUK value proposition to our members. Strong analytical skills and an ability to produce communications with cut through are also a key requirement.
The person appointed will show capability and potential to build strong member engagement, creating good external reputation and stakeholder relationships. They will need to have, or a propensity to develop quickly, a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of digital communications and data analytics, identifying how to engage members in techUK activity and show the ROI of this engagement to them.
This role requires someone who has the communication skills, confidence and drive to grow their own profile and that of techUK.
- Own the SME (Small to Medium-sized Enterprise) member engagement plan; assume creation and delivery of the SME member engagement activity.
- Run data analytics which report on member engagement, portal usage and the gathering of member activity and intelligence, providing insight into the activities and issues that matter most to our members; become an expert user of our CRM system
- Assist the Head of Member Relations to evolve & maintain an effective member communication plan, producing a series of member communications relating to their annual membership.
- Lead and support in our generic member communications activities. Develop messaging and routes to members that gain cut through, clarify the benefits and ROI of techUK membership and grow the overall levels of member engagement.
- Prepare and execute regular member surveys on a range of topics from member feedback on techUK value to market intelligence gathering.
- Conduct face-to-face member meetings. Hold membership review meetings with our SME members to better understand their current priorities and help them to engage with the relevant parts of techUK.
- Assist the Head of Member Relations to create & run specific member engagement events including four Member Introductory Evenings, four Making the Most of your Membership events, and several Scaling Your Business panel events.
- Assist the Head of Member Relations in the preparation of key member meeting briefing documents that demonstrates current member usage, renewal information and recommendations for potential areas of engagement
- Work with the Member Sales Team to ensure the smooth onboarding of new members to ensure that everything is set up correctly to maximise their chances of engaging & remaining in membership. The building of a wide network of contacts within members is key to gaining deep levels of engagement.
- Regularly monitor members to ensure that key stakeholders are identified and kept up-to-date including the membership owner, budget holder and most senior contact (if different)
- Handle general member correspondence; assist new contacts at member companies in setting up their profiles and plugging them into the most relevant techUK programmes and activities
- Prepare ad hoc membership reports as required utilising the CRM system
- Output oriented with a track record of delivery.
- Numerate, comfortable working with and analysing data.
- A strong team player, committed to helping colleagues achieve their goals.
- Ability to work quickly to deadline delivering high quality outputs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to craft member engagement proposals
- Digital communication platform literate.
- Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trust and represent techUK.
- Capability to use the tools and technologies techUK provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Dynamics CRM, Social Media, Web tools and conferencing software.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong and demonstrable customer engagement experience.
- Experience of working in high performance environments.
- A knowledge of and interest in the technology sector.
- Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and is comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government.
· Demonstrates a broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies.
This job specification is a guide to the work required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time-to-time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful applicant must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply, please send through your CV together with a cover letter (max 500 words) to: