We are techUK
techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. More than 950 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
At techUK we lead the debates about technology and its potential impact on the future. We work to ensure that discussions are properly informed, so that the right decisions can be made regarding the development and use of technology for the good of the UK, for the good of people and for the good of our industry.
2017: A Record Year…
Representing tech in the UK:
- 26 significant reports in 2017 – a record year
- +600 insights (opinion pieces and techUK-owned news and views).
- 2050 media articles (170 per month)
- 205 national articles and broadcast pieces (17 per month)
- Over 350 significant engagements with influential Govt. and Public Sector stakeholders.
A physical destination for UK tech:
- 25,000 visitors to techUK offices in 2017
- Over 2,500 delegates at techUK headline events in 2017
- Over 90,000 visitors since the move to St Bride St.
- techUK web page views hit 950k.
- Twitter reach - Significant techUK social campaigns reached over 11 million stakeholders through 2017.
Our many successes in 2017 are being mirrored in 2018, resulting in techUK being the clear ‘go-to’ organisation for the tech industry in the UK. click on the 'achievements' bar in all programmes to see how we supported members and the wider industry in 2017.
Watch our short video to hear what our members think of techUK.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
- Developing markets
- Developing relationships and networks
- Reducing business costs
- Reducing business risks.
By participating in techUK programmes, you'll be able to get the inside track on the latest developments in your target markets or technology area as well as excellent networking opportunities with customers, government, regulators and peers.
You also have access to a growing variety of business services that will help you to develop and grow your business. These services include: free central London meeting rooms, hotdesk facilities, discounted training, legal and HR services, and many more.
Watch the short video below to see what value our members get from techUK:
How to join?
We have two categories of membership:
- Full Member – Any company that provides a digital technology, product, service or application
- Affiliate Member - Although not a technology company, the business has an interest in the technology sector e.g. law firms, management consultancies or accountancy practices.
We would like to meet first with any company that may be considering joining us. This will allow us to take you through our member offering and explain our joining process.
Introduce a new member to techUK and claim your reward
techUK is growing as more companies take advantage of the benefits of joining the UK’s No.1 technology trade association.
To help us grow even faster we have launched an incentive scheme, rewarding members for introducing new companies and contacts who sign up for techUK membership.
Rewards are in the form of credits, which can be spent against a range of techUK services including Room Hire, Events, Dinners and Conferences and Training courses.
To find out how you can earn techUK rewards contact our Business Development team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out how to join techUK, please get in touch with our membership team: email@example.com