It is predicted that one tenth of world GDP will make its way onto the blockchain by 2025.
The scope of transformation led by blockchain technologies will not be solely confined to finance. Blockchain technology will transform the way businesses interact and collaborate, creating new opportunities based upon the transparency of processes and data.
Engaging early with this technology and planning strategies now will ensure that opportunities are not missed. Leaders from multiple sectors should be ready to engage their stakeholders in discussions about how blockchains can benefit their organisations from the ground up.
This full-day executive/ senior management training course will empower management to realistically assess the risks and the opportunities on blockchains/cryptocurrencies to make informed decisions about the future of their business.
Who should attend?
- Business Leaders who would like to understand how blockchains can help them to expand their business
- C-level executives who would like to learn more about blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Solicitors providing legal advice to technological companies
What is the course outcome?
At the end of the course participants should be able
- To understand the fundamental principles of blockchains and distinguish different variants of the technology
- Understand different applications of blockchains such as crypto currencies, smart contracts and notary applications
- Be able to confidently communicate the impact of blockchains to colleagues
- Understand how blockchain technologies are being used today to resolve Page 2/5 business problems
- Recognise the regulators view of blockchain
- Being able to identify the risks and the opportunities that blockchains offer
- Map a clear strategic roadmap to leverage the benefits of this new technology for their own business
What is the course agenda?
- A brief history of blockchains
- Why blockchains
- Public key cryptography for business people
How blockchain works
- What are blockchains
- Fundamental principles of the technology
- Existing technologies: Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
- Public blockchains
- Smart contracts
- Benefits and risk
Blockchain for traditional business
- Private blockchains
- Case studies and examples in notary applications
- Benefits and risk
The Future of Blockchain
- Current Landscape in finance and other business sector
- Myth buster
- Jargon buster
Who is the course leader?
Dr Maria G Vigliotti is a leading expert in computing with a vast experience in security, cryptography, blockchains, training in academic and non-academic environments. Maria is the co-founder of Sanblocks Consulting, a company that provides training and workshops on blockchain to companies interested in engaging with innovative technology. Maria is also a business and technical partner at Gradbase, a start-up that insert on the blockchain academic and professional qualifications for instantaneous verification; she is a technical adviser to several companies working in the blockchain space.
Maria holds a PhD in Computing from Imperial College London. She has several years of experience in formal verification of code for concurrent systems in safety and critical applications and in industry and academia. Maria worked the cryptographic attacks on the European Railway Traffic Management Systems (ERTMS), the European railway signalling system and the Cyber security strategy for the railway. Maria has published over thirty papers in refereed international academic journals and conferences.
What is the cost of the course?
techUK Members - £395.00
Non Members - £595.00
(Prices exclude VAT)
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.