Registration from 8.45am
Why should you choose this course?
As the commercial pressures and workloads tighten it gets increasingly difficult to reach the person you need. Traditional methods such as cold calling, letters and emails have lost impact. In an ideal world you need an introduction or referral to reach new clients.
With the constraints of downsizing, time and work pressures LinkedIn is an excellent way to reach the people you need, get introduced quickly and professionally.
LinkedIn gives you another way, a better way to identify the right person and the connections you need to reach them. LinkedIn is about business, it's about your trusted network and it's all about successful people. You can reach over two thirds of the business professionals on the planet using LinkedIn!
This course empowers you with a broad understanding of the key functions, the tasks and makes LinkedIn a high value tool-set that affects you, your future and your bottom line.
During the session you will receive individual attention as you put the techniques you learn into practice on your own laptop. The only prerequisite is that you sign up for a LinkedIn account before you come.
Who should attend this course?
People that are on LinkedIn but not getting results or sales. People that are unsure how to make it work. Staff at all levels.
What is the course outcome?
The course covers the three main aspects of making LinkedIn work – profile, platform and process. You will learn about the following topics:
- Overview of the various social media sites and core roles
- Best practice approaches to online networking, the etiquette and the path to success
- LinkedIn - what it's all about and how to make it work for you
- A comparison between LinkedIn and face to face networking
- Overview of the functionality
- How to construct your online personal brand for maximum impact
- Write a high value and highly visible profile
- Create, edit and personalise your profile
- Make your profile 100% complete (according to LinkedIn)
Setting up your account:
- How to look at people so they can't see that you have
- Choosing the right level of membership
- How to set up your account and make the most of what it offers including:
- Building and leveraging your connections
- Build your network and use it to develop new relationships and better understand colleagues and clients
- Remove the connections you wish you hadn't accepted
- Review of the search functionality on what is the biggest live database of businesses and professionals
- Get LinkedIn to email you a list of easy to reach people you'd like to know and can get referred or introduced to
- Find, research and engage the people, businesses and connections you're seeking. Overview of groups: how to find them and what to do once you've joined
Tactics that work:
- Use powerful psychological approaches to maintain, develop your network and success from LinkedIn
- Learn highly effective tactics and strategies
- Create a personal action plan
Who is the course leader?
With over 27 years of sales experience, and more than eight years on LinkedIn, James Potter is the leading provider of LinkedIn sales training and consultancy for business professionals trying to make more sales and make LinkedIn work for them.
Since he started using LinkedIn in corporate life as a Sales Director it enabled him to build new relationships, remind clients of breadth of value and get engagements worth over £10 million in sales in his first six years alone.
Enjoying a successful career in a diverse array of industries has allowed him to understand how to make LinkedIn work: what matters and what doesn't if you want to grow a flourishing business through relationships.
James now helps companies of all sizes across the world from leading corporations such as BMW, Dell, IBM and Unilever to small businesses. He focuses on the practical and tactical skills needed to succeed when using LinkedIn.
What is the course agenda?
08:45 Registration at techUK London reception
09:00 LinkedIn introduction
- Comparison between LinkedIn and face to face networking
- Making your profile 100% complete
- Demonstrating your value
- Social proof
- How to build your network
- How to find the people you seek
- Make and receive introductions and referrals professionally
- How to find and join the right groups for you
techUK Members: £395.00
Non Members: £595.00
(Prices exclude VAT)
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.