Early bird discount of 10% applies if registration and payment is made by 16:00 on 15 December 2017.
Learn how to turn ferocious purchasing tigers into tabby cats!
Why should you choose "Negotiating with IT Purchasing"?
Even the bravest can feel fear when they are summoned to meet with the customer's purchasing department. They know that IT buyers can often be intimidating, flint-hearted and well-practised in squeezing suppliers until their pips squeak. These people are professionally trained to be tough and ruthless. Their tactics place intolerable pressure on sales teams, often leading to ill-advised concessions that not only reduce the margin of the deal, but result in bad "agreements" that set the seeds for project failure.
The skilled sales negotiator, however, is not afraid. They understand that the customer benefits most from an agreement which delivers maximum value to both parties. They know that by "playing the game", using five golden rules, and countering predictable tactics of bluffing, pressure and intimidation, they can effortlessly avoid the man-traps set by an unscrupulous buyer.
Who should attend this course?
- Sales professionals
- Leaders and project managers who need to negotiate with technology buyers and purchasing departments
What is the course outcome?
By the end of this workshop, you will feel confident that you can deal with the tactics applied by aggressive purchasing departments, and secure a deal that works best for supplier and customer alike. Your margins will improve, your projects will be more successful – and respect and repeat business will follow.
The workshop uses exercises and role-play based on a real-life case study. It examines strategies for dealing with the classic issues in ICT and technology sales negotiation including price, delays, loose specifications, intellectual property, licence terms, warranty and support.
Who is the course leader?
Ian Henley, Chairman at ChangeBEAT.
What is the course agenda?
- 09.15 Registration at techUK London Reception
- 09.30 Introduction to negotiation
- 10.00 Role-play one: a simple negotiation
- 11.00 Introducing the negotiation model
- 11.15 Buyer and purchasing manager profiles
- 11.30 Giving freely and how not to
- 11.45 Role-play two: reaching the interim agreement
- 12.45 Lunch
- 13.45 Advanced negotiation skills- Traps and how to avoid them, handling pressure, bluffing and probing, stotting, signalling, conditional offers
- 15.30 Role-play three: closing the deal
- 16.45 Summary and close
techUK Members - £395.00
Non Members - £595.00
(Prices exclude VAT)
If you are not sure whether your company is a member of techUK, click here to check first to ensure you pay the correct price for the course you are booking. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com