Nominations are now open for six techUK members to join the Central Government Council (CGC). The CGC provides strategic leadership to techUK's central government programme and brings together senior public sector leaders from tech companies large and small - all engaged in digital transformation within central Government.
The overall aims of the CGC are to:
• Ensure techUK continues to deliver a vibrant engagement programme with central Government departments
• Promote better engagement between the tech sector and Government to support civil servants earlier in the procurement process
• Provide leadership and support on techUK’s campaigns and projects to reform public sector procurement
• Promote and evangelise the transformative role tech can play in public services
To apply, read through the Terms of Reference (ToR) and complete the nomination form and return to Rob Driver by 5pm Wednesday 31 January. Please note, members must be able to commit to attending and actively participating in the CGC activities as set out in the ToR before a nomination form is accepted.
• 15 January – Nominations open for new Council members
• 31 January – Nominations close at 17:00
• 1 February - Elections open (if we receive more nominations than places)
• 5 February – Elections close at 17:00
• 6 February – New Council members announced
If you have any questions about the process or the central government programme, please do get in touch.