The Department for Transport has launched a competition to demonstrate connected vehicle applications that provide real benefit to local authorities – to access data on road condition information and asset management. The competition will provide £500,000 for local authority projects costing between £30,000 and £100,000 which will:
- demonstrate the capability of connected vehicle data;
- improve the quality of road condition and asset management data;
- provide the business case for more widespread deployment across a number of highway authorities;
- enable the development of smart asset strategies based on harvested intelligence; and
- help support innovation within the private sector supply chain.
The competition has a total funding value of £500,000.
Closing date for applications 16 February 2018.
Further information on applying for funding can be found here.