Nominations now open for seven techUK members to join our Local Public Services Committee (LPSC). The LPSC drives techUK’s work for delivering better local public services and working with councils and wider tech industry to create the environment that enables transformation to happen and innovation to flourish at the local level.
The overall aims of the LPSC are to:
- Improve the engagement between Local Government and the tech industry;
- Provide leadership on critical policy issues related to local public services transformation;
- Work in collaboration with local government to understand what conditions are needed to create the environment that enables transformation to happen and succeed.
To apply, simply read through the Terms of Reference (ToR) and complete the form (please see below for both), and return to Georgina Maratheftis by 17:00 on Wednesday 26 July. Please note, members must be able to commit to attending and actively participating in the LPSC activities as set out in the ToR before a nomination form is accepted.
This is an excellent opportunity to shape techUK’s local government work and drive forward two key work streams, which include 'Council of the Future' and 'Data Interoperability.' You will also play a leading role in growing our regional engagement. In the past, the LPSC have been hosted by a number of council digital leaders including Manchester and Essex and the meeting in October will be hosted by Wigan Council.
The LPSC Chair is Carlos Oliveira, CEO & Founder, Shaping Cloud and the two Vice-Chairs are Sue Holloway, Director of Services Strategy, Northgate Public Services and Director of Services Strategy, Northgate Public Services.
You can see the timeline for the elections set out below:
• 10 Jul – Nominations open for new Committee members
• 26 Jul – Nominations close at 17:00
• 31 Jul - Elections open (if we receive more nominations than places)
• 04 Aug – Elections close at 17:00
• 07 Aug – New Committee members announced
• 13 Sept – LPSC meeting
Should you have any questions about the process or the Local Government programme, please do not hesitate to get in touch.