Date: Friday 25 November, 2016
Venue: techUK, 10 St Bride Street, London, EC4A 4AD
Chair: Simon Pike, Chair of SPF Cluster 4
This meeting focused on the spectrum-related aspects of the EU Electronic Communications Code (Telecoms Framework Review) and 5G for Europe: an Action Plan. The objective was to review these documents, to identify views of UK spectrum stakeholders to be conveyed to Government and Ofcom for the further development and implementation of them.
The presentations are available to download at the bottom of the page.
1. Welcome and Introduction
Simon Pike, UK Spectrum Policy Forum, Cluster 4 Chair
2. Update on the Telecoms Framework Review
Neil Vosper, Spectrum Policy, Digital Economy Unit, DCMS
3. Recap on relevant Spectrum Policy Forum Activities
Simon Pike, Cluster 4 Chair
- 5 Key Areas of Agreement by UK stakeholders on the EU Telecoms Framework
- Recommended Actions for a Successful Deployment of 5G in the UK
4. Review of the "Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL establishing the European Electronic Communications Code"
Stephen Pentland, Group Public Policy Head of Spectrum, Vodafone Group,
Johnny Dixon, BT Group Strategy, Policy & Portfolio, BT Group
Jochen Mistiaen, Policy Manager Digital Technology & Innovation, Digital Europe
5. Review of "5G for Europe: An action Plan.”
Barry Lewis, Director, Spectrum Management and Regulations, Samsung
mm-wave - Kumar Singarajah, Director, Regulatory Affairs and Business Development, Avanti
Slides not available
5. Agreement on way forward and further development of output from UK Spectrum Policy Forum
Please contact Skye MacLeod or Raj Sivalingam if you'd like to know more about the work of the UK Spectrum Policy Forum.