The Women in Tech Council is focused on developing and supporting effective solutions to the long-standing problem of attracting, retaining and advancing more women in the technology industry.
The Council brings together some of the most influential networks and people working across the industry to champion gender diversity in tech. The aim of the council is to support the work of techUK's Women in Technology programme and facilitate its vision and mission. If you would like to get involved, find out more about the Women in Technology group.
- Tunji Akintokun, Director for Commercial and Partner Organisations, Cisco
- Sarah Atkinson , VP Commmunications, CA Technologies
- Shirley Creed, Global Corporate Secretary, Dell
- Sheila Flavell , Chief Operating Officer, FDM Group
- Jacqueline de Rojas , Area VP Northern Europe, Sage
- Emma McGuigan, MD Tech, Accenture
- Jen Rodvold, Sustainability & Social Value, SopraSteria
- Karen Young, Manaing Director, MDS Technologies
- Neta Tully, VP Communications EMEA, HP
- Anthony Harmer, Chief Executive, ELATT
- Wendy Warham, Head of Networks, Fujitsu
The Council's objectives are to:
- Promote and realise the benefits of diversity in the industry and improve the recruitment and retention of girls and women into the tech sector;
- Work in an open and collaborative manner to inspire, lead and influence action being taken to increase the number of women in tech;
- Promote dialogue in the workplace, through the engagement of employers and employees, to fully utilise the tech and management skills of women in the industry;
- To engage effectively with key influencers, stakeholders and other members.