The Women in Tech Council is focused on developing and supporting effective solutions to the long-standing problem of attracting, retaining and advancing more women in the technology industry.
The Council brings together some of the most influential networks and people working across the industry to champion gender diversity in tech. The aim of the council is to support the work of techUK's Women in Technology programme and facilitate its vision and mission. If you would like to get involved, find out more about the Women in Technology group.
- Tunji Akintokun, Director for Commercial and Partner Organisations, Cisco
- Sarah Atkinson , VP Commmunications, CA Technologies
- Maggie Berry, Executive Director for Europe, WEConnect International
- Eileen Brown, CEO and Managing Consultant, Amastra Consulting
- Sarah Burnett , Vice President, Everest Group
- Shirley Creed , Global Corporate Secretary, Dell
- Sheila Flavell , Chief Operating Officer, FDM Group
- Jacqueline de Rojas , Area VP Northern Europe, Citrix
- Helen Lamb , VP & Vice Head of Strategic Pursuits, Fujitsu
- Sarah Savage , Client Engagement Director,Experis
- Vanessa Vallely, Managing Director, We are the City
The Council's objectives are to:
- Promote and realise the benefits of diversity in the industry and improve the recruitment and retention of girls and women into the IT industry and IT related jobs;
- Work in an open and collaborative manner to inspire, lead and influence action being taken to increase the number of women in tech;
- Promote dialogue in the workplace, through the engagement of employers and employees, to fully utilise the IT and management skills of women in the industry;
- To engage effectively with key influencers, stakeholders and other members.