The Skills, Talent and Migration Group is a member forum to explore and promote initiatives and policy proposals that will enable the UK tech sector to have access to world-leading talent. As well as keeping our members up-to-date with the latest on skills and migration policy, we develop policy recommendations and take practical steps to address the digital talent shortage in the UK. techUK believes the future of the UK digital economy lies in a policy blend of increased volume and quality of skills across the UK education system, complemented by the UK becoming "a global hub of tech talent" enabled by a smart and responsive migration environment.
Philip Pratley, Leonardo
Naomi Hanrahan-Soar, Lewis Silkin LLP
Hema Marshall, Cisco
2017 Priorities Include:
- Working with members and Government set out a credible plan to ensure the UK remains open to the best international talent.
- Engaging with Government on the apprenticeship programme and forthcoming apprenticeship levy
- Working with members on the skills needs of the future and the new world of work
- Building on the recommendations of our white paper, We’re Just Not Doing Enough
Recent programme highlights include:
- techUK responds to Brexit white paper, commenting questions still remain on skills and access to talent
- IFS report echoes techUK's concerns that the Government's apprenticeships programme risks undermining lifelong learning
- techUK sets out priorities for the UK Government in EU Exit negotations, including a section on access to international talent
- UK Digital Sectors After Brexitfinds international talent integral for the UK tech sector
- Policy Manager Doniya Soni outlines how the apprenticeship programme must align itself with the Government's "smarter state" ambition
techUK supported initiatives include:
- techUK works with The Tech Partnership
- techUK is a supporter of Code Club - getting industry working to help 8-14 years olds coding
- techUK works with the National College for Digital Skills, backed by the Prime Minister
Related techUK activities include:
For further details, contact Doniya Soni.