At a glance: A group to help members improve marketing and sales effectiveness by exploring new methods and technologies, and exchanging ideas. This group is open to all marketing and sales professionals, and executives with business development responsibility.
Chair: Neville Merritt
Pure Potential Development Limited
Neville has over 30 years' experience in IT solutions businesses to Board level, covering sales, marketing, operations and implementation for manufacturing, distribution, service and public sector markets. Neville has practical experience of the full sales cycle and as sales director has developed and led successful sales teams. As marketing director, he has made extensive use of the technologies and tools available to build brands, generate leads and maintain customer satisfaction. Neville's particular interest is around effective communication in the sales cycle, through marketing, presentations, proposals and negotiation. He is currently Head of Advanced University for Advanced Computer Software Group, leading education and development of best practice across the Group operating companies.
Vice Chair: Sarah Hinchliffe
i4 Sales Performance
Sarah brings 30 years' experience of sales, business development, bidding and marketing to the Marketing and Sales Group. She has worked on both public and private sector, with big companies (Fujitsu and Ernst and Young) and SMEs (Computer Task Group, Tangent and Nexor). Sarah has excellent formal training in leading sales and bid methods and processes.
Sarah runs her own business, i4, providing sales and bid consultancy. A Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM) and a member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), Sarah uses these routes to maintain her knowledge of latest thinking and best practice.
Meeting dates in 2016
Legal Aspects of Marketing
Selling to SMEs / Marketing and Sales for Start ups
Who are we?
The Marketing and Sales Group is a members' forum designed to nurture and promote capability in the marketing and sales disciplines within the techUK community. Our Group is of relevance to all technology companies from SME to major corporates and we encourage cross fertilisation of ideas, aspirations and experience between all companies. In achieving our objectives, we aim to add value to techUK membership and to support membership growth.
How can this group help you?
The Marketing and Sales Group can help you increase sales, build customer loyalty and enhance brand awareness. These benefits are enabled by providing ideas and guidance on marketing and sales matters including:
- improved effectiveness from joining up marketing and sales
- greater efficiency through summarising and presenting best practice and latest thinking in marketing and sales
- reduced risk by avoiding pitfalls through shared experience in implementing marketing and sales approaches
The Marketing and Sales Group's objectives are to:
- promote the benefits of a co-operative and co-ordinated relationship between marketing and sales
- facilitate an environment for personal development through peer networking
- enable members to improve business performance through the application of best practice
- share and demonstrate best practice in marketing and sales
We achieve our objectives through the following activities:
- organising and running regular seminars and workshops on topical subjects
- ensuring that every session: includes both the theory and its practical application through the presentation of case studies and/or the use of exercises free time for networking
- monitoring best practice in marketing and sales and identifying topics of interest and experts in the field
- maintaining contact with members to gain feedback on activities and topics of interest
- monitoring the activities of other techUK groups and, where relevant, co-ordinating joint activities
- ensuring group visibility at techUK Board level