The UK’s technology sector is larger than the rest of Europe combined; it has been one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK over the last decade. The technology we produce underpins all sectors from Financial Services and High-Value Manufacturing to Retail and Agriculture. Indeed in 2016 tech investment into the UK was £170 billion. Twice as high as any other European country.
The UK offers an outstanding environment for global tech companies including:
- A strong start-up culture bolstered by tech clusters all over the UK
- A ranking of third best place in the world in the Global Innovation Index in 2016
- An active venture capital community - the UK has the highest number of initial public offerings (IPOs) & more tech “unicorns” (a start-up company valued at over 1 billion USD) created than anywhere else in Europe
- The largest e-commerce market in Europe
- Four of the world’s top ten universities, plus educational providers that develop our technology workforce
- UK is Europe’s leading market for software & IT services - est. value £58bn/yr
- More than 22m home broadband connections in the UK; and more than 77% of adults have fixed or mobile broadband
- UK Corporation Tax is 19%, the lowest level in the G20
- The UK's technology economy has notable strengths in electronic systems, communications, data management and analytics, data centres, cloud services, Artificial Intelligence, cyber, semiconductor design and sensors
Tech businesses are at the heart of the UK economy and are playing an important role in driving growth across the country
techUK can help you understand the UK tech landscape and can support you grow your business in the UK.
For further information on the assistance available please contact: