Join techUK and Ofgem 10:00 – 12:00 23 January 2018 for a roundtable event exploring Innovation Link.
The session will be a chance to learn more about the Programme and how activities to date have helped tech companies explore opportunities within energy. It will also look to the future and the role the Programme will play in the smart energy revolution.
Ofgem’s Innovation Link
The Innovation Link is Ofgem’s new service to unlock the potential benefits of innovation for energy consumers. As we can’t know the future, regulatory arrangements need to rely more on learning, be adaptable and flexible.
Ofgem are championing consumers’ interests in innovation by engaging with innovators to:
- Help them to understand and navigate the energy sector and regulation.
- Give them steers on the regulatory implications of their business models.
- Help them identify options for how their business model could work within today’s regulatory arrangements.
- Enable them to undertake trials when their business model does not readily fit with existing arrangements.
- Represent their experiences and the insights we’re gleaning into regulatory policy-making across Ofgem, and with other bodies responsible for making and overseeing the rules that govern the sector.
Since launching Innovation Link in December 2016 Ofgem have supported about 120 innovators to develop their business propositions.
The Regulatory Sandbox
The Link also launched the world’s first energy regulation sandbox in February 2017. The purpose of the sandbox is to enable innovators to undertake trials without incurring all of the usual regulatory requirements. The latest round for sandbox applications closed on 27 October 2017. More information, please click here.
Join us to:
- Hear the latest on Innovation Link and learnings from the sandbox
- Share your views on what would encourage and enable wider engagement from companies not currently working with energy
- Talk to the team about how your business can benefit from the programme
Who Should Attend?
We’re looking to hear from companies who have disruptive solutions that could revolutionise the UK energy system. You may already be working in energy in other markets, or may be exploring how your products and services can expand into the sector. If you’ve got an interest in disruption and solving consumer challenges, we want to hear from you.
Places for this event are extremely limited and we will have to limit it to one person per organisation, so please email to register your interest. We will be confirming places in the new year.