Join us at this Open Banking and Payments Working Group to welcome in PSD2 and Open Banking.
At this meeting, we will have a full review of Open Banking: the situation so far; techUK priority activities for 2018; the impact of EBA/RTS; the functioning of the NPSO.
With the coming into force of the PSD2 in January, 2018 is the Year of Open Banking and we urge all techUK members who are active in this space to get involved in our activities and have a hand in shaping how the new systems will work for businesses and consumers. At this meeting, you will hear a number of important updates and have the opportunity to discuss and ask any questions you may have.
Agenda (timings tbc) Please note, this meeting will start at 2.30pm
2.30pm: Update on Open Banking
Ruth Milligan, techUK will summarise recent developments in Open Banking and issues for 2018:
- OBIE Roadmap for the completion of the CMA Order;
- Plans for implementation of remaining PSD2 issues;
- Activities re long-term governance of open banking;
- Communication to consumer and SME users.
3.30pm: Introduction to the New Payment Systems Operator (NPSO)
- Simon Hanson and Toby Sheldon of the NPSO will join us to introduce the new body, outline its work programme and explain how you can get involved in the NPSO Advisory Councils and stakeholder groups.
4.30pm: Update on the EBA/RTS
John Salmon, Partner in Hogan Lovells, will explain the final EBA/RTS text, arrangements in the interim period and impact on the market.
- Questions and Answers