Richard Stephens has been running his masterclass in contract law developments since 2009 and it has never failed to sell out since then.
Much more than just a law lecture, Richard teases out the learning points from the principal cases of the preceding 12 months, giving tips on best practice for lawyers and business professionals alike. If you work in an area where you have anything to do with contracts in the IT sector, this has proved to be indispensable training.
Richard will as usual be looking at the whole gamut of recent cases, but he will include the following matters:
- how having dinner with a business contact could land you with a bill for €13.5 million
- the Unfair Contract Terms Act is back on the map - what exactly are "written standard terms of business" and when will UCTA apply to your transaction?
- the latest word on limits and exclusions of liability - how the law had done a 360 degree turn
- how you can save an "agreement to agree"
- what is happening to the "new" law on penalties - and how the law is being applied
- indemnities - a recent case from the Supreme Court gives guidance on how they are applied in practice
As well as a chance to review latest developments, this is a great chance to brush up on the basics. Richard categorises the cases from offer and acceptance right the way through to termination, making it easy to follow and understand how the law is developing.
This event sells out every year, so please do book early.
The Contract Law - Understanding and Mastering Contracts course, Richard runs on the following dates: