- Exhibit at the Japan IT Week trade fair at Tokyo Big Sight
- Gain knowledge about the ICT market structure, sector analysis, business policy
- Identify relevant key contacts (decision makers, R&D centres, business partners)
- Establish relationships with potential partners (trade and technology)
- Benefit from face-to-face meetings leading to possible business opportunities
About the Mission
The 4-day mission will include:
- an "ICT partnering event" on Tuesday, 8 May in Tokyo (Kasumigaseki Building, Plaza Hall)
- 3-day fair at the "Japan IT Week" (Spring edition) from Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 May. Mission participants will attend B2B meetings and meet with Japanese visitors. In order to maximize their partnering opportunities, they will be able to exhibit in the EU-Japan Centre booth. Professional interpreters will be on hand during the trade fair to help them communicate with potential Japanese business partners. Based on materials they provide, the EU-Japan Centre will arrange Japanese-language posters to promote their product at the EU Delegation booth at the trade fair.
A Welcome Get-together for Mission participants will be organized on the evening before the Mission starts. This is an occasion to meet other participants in a casual and friendly atmosphere for those who are already in Tokyo at that time.
A month before the mission, an online pre-departure briefing will help you prepare for the mission to ensure you get the most out of it.
Through this mission you have the opportunity to:
display your technology at one of Japan’s leading trade showsmeet potential business partnerscreate new business opportunitiesdevelop partnerships and business cooperation on global marketsattend match-making eventsincrease your innovation capacity and become more competitive on a global scale (as an SME)prepare the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and make a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest (as a cluster)
Clusters and SMEs from European Union and COSME partnering countries.
Large companies may apply, but priority will be given to applicants from SMEs and from clusters active in sectors covered by the trade fair.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)Big Data ManagementRobotic process automation (RPA)Fintech / Asset Management SolutionsInternet of Things (IoT)Machine to Machine (M2M) communicationCyber scurityEmbedded Technology
Applications from EU companies and clusters covering products/technologies/services relevant to Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, and Internet of things (IoT) will be prioritized.
The candidate must:
be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering countrywork for a company that is > 50% EU (or COSME partnering country) ownedwork for an organisation that is an EU (or COSME partnering country) juridical personbe supported by his/her employerbe able to participate in the entire programmehave a good command of Englishbe a manager with proven experience in industry
The main criteria for selection are:
the professional & educational background of the candidate;the strategy of the participant's company regarding Japan.
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in this mission is limited to 20.
There are no costs for attending. Applicants will just need to cover flights and accomodation.
For further information on the event please visit: https://www.eu-japan.eu/events/ict-cluster-sme-mission.
Should you wish to attend or are already registered to attend, please be in contact with Simon Spier (details below) and James Carter - British Embassy Tokyo.