techUK, NHS Digital and INTEROPen are delighted to invite you to an event on interoperability.
The objectives of the event are as follows:
- Drive forward interoperability by bringing people together under the INTEROPen collaborative for a conversation on the current initiatives and future plans for interoperability
- Ensure consistent messaging on interoperability and inform the health and social care sector
- Foster a culture of working together on interoperability and encouraging commitment across suppliers, the NHS, Clinicians, and citizens
(timings subject to change)
Session 1: KLAS Preliminary Research Findings (10:00 – 11:15)
KLAS is a healthcare IT research firm, based in the United States. Founded in 1996, KLAS has spent over 20 years providing insights into the American HIT industry. Since 2011, KLAS has conducted research internationally in Europe, South America, Australia and the Middle East. KLAS has also spent the last 4 years benchmarking interoperability in the USA, and is now conducting it's first round of Interoperability research in the UK. Hear from KLAS on early interoperabilty findings and the future roadmap of this research.
Tea and Coffee Break (11:15 – 11:30)
Session 2: INTEROPen (11:30 – 13:15)
Hear from INTEROPen on the community’s current interoperability initiatives and progress made towards creating the heath and social care standards.
- Dr Simon Eccles |Senior Responsible Officer, Interoperability and Social Care at the Department of Health
- Luke Readman | Co-Chair of INTEROPen and CIO of East London Health and Care Partnership
- Malcolm Senior | Programme Director - Integration and Social Care at NHS Digital
- Andy Kinnear | Director of Digital Transformation at NHS South, Central and West CSU
- Indi Singh | Head of Architecture at NHS England
- Keith Naylor | Programme Head - Integration at NHS Digital
Networking Lunch (13:15 – 13:45)
Session 3: techUK and the supplier community (13:45 – 15:00)
techUK will present ideas for how the supplier community can move the interoperability agenda forward as part of INTEROPen. This will include a presentation on ideas for an addendum to the techUK Interoperability Charter, and updates on the Interoperability Compliance Matrix.
This session will end with an interactive discussion with the supplier community to discuss the commitments required from suppliers to be enablers of change in support of integrated care.
Questions for the panel and audience:
1. What should the NHS do to encourage suppliers to build INTEROPen-compliant open APIs?
2. What can techUK/the supplier community do to speed up progress on interoperability in the health and social care sector?
3. How would suppliers like to be engaged when it comes to working with the NHS to further interoperability?
The panel will respond to these questions for the first 20-30 minutes of the session, and then we will open it to the floor for supplier feedback and a Q&A session.
- Malcolm Senior | Programme Director – Integration and Social Care at NHS Digital
- Paul Cooper | One of the founders of INTEROPen and Vice Chair of techUK Health and Social Care Council
- Dr Maureen Baker CBE | Chair of the PRSB
- Helen Parslow | Director of Business Development at MedeAnalytics
- Tate Gilchrist | Sr. Business Developer at Cerner Open Platform