To support the Head of Cloud, Data, Analytics & AI in delivering a successful programme of activities across the policy areas of Cloud Computing, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence; to deliver value to member companies; to assist the Head of programme in growing techUK's membership base.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an intellectually stimulating, fast-paced, high profile and creative environment that is focusing on the vital role of key technologies such as AI in driving the UK economy and society forward.
This role provides an opportunity to work closely with member companies providing cloud, data and AI technologies and are at the forefront of the UK’s digital economy.
1. Organise and run programme, stakeholder and member meetings as requested including joint sessions with other techUK programmes and deliver outputs that meet programme objectives.
2. Instigate, manage and coordinate the development of thought leadership collateral including articles, presentations, reports relevant to the aims and objectives of the work programme.
3.Manage the maintenance of all relevant parts of the techUK website and relevant CRM systems
4.Become a trusted point of contact for members, internal colleagues and external stakeholders
5. Engage with and support techUK’s policy, public affairs and press activities relating to Cloud, Data, Analytics & AI
6. Undertake designated account management responsibilities as requested and assist member recruitment activities
7. Any other duties that may be required to support the programmes team
1. Excellent communications and presentation skills including clear and concise oral and written communications.
2. Ability to maintain attention to detail and demonstrate efficient time management skills when completing multiple tasks within tight timescales
3. Highly motivated, organised and hard working with an eagerness to bring innovative and creative ideas to the programme
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues internally and externally
5. Ability to take on responsibility for key activities of the programme and be held accountable for actions and outcomes.
6. Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trusted relationships and ability to become a point of contact across the organisation.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of taking a leadership role in event organisation
- Experience of work in a public affairs, policy driven environment
- Engagement with senior business leaders at board and CEO level
- Interest in current issues and trends in Cloud, Data, Analytics & AI
- Highly competent with Microsoft and MS Office Suite and able to use social media tools
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of UK technology sector and UK Government
- Media and press experience
- Experience of trade association procedures and activities
- Experience of staff management including interns
This is a full-time role based at techUK’s London offices.
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to: