The HR and Events Assistant will provide an effective HR administration service to techUK covering all aspects of the employee lifecycle from recruitment through to exit. In addition, the role will focus on providing events support for the events team in delivering a range of business focussed events to techUK members.
The successful candidate is expected to work approximately 2 days per week on HR matters and 3 days per week on Events matters although this may vary from time to time.
Key Responsibilities – Human Resources
Recruitment administration including advertising roles with agencies, on-line and via social media, initial screening of candidates, liaising with line managers on candidate shortlist, organising interviews, booking interview rooms, follow-up with agencies and candidates, administering tests as required, maintaining candidate records, maintaining the recruitment system, drafting offer paperwork, completing all administration related to on-boarding including right to work checks, reference checks, induction checklist, new joiner meetings, end of probation administration etc.
2. Performance Management and Reward
Co-ordinate all activity related to the annual performance reviews including distributing information, collating and logging all paperwork, preparing performance management meeting documentation, assisting with salary survey submissions, preparing reports and annual reward paperwork including salary and bonus letters and total rewards statements.
3. Career Development
Co-ordinate all activity related to the annual performance and annual development reviews including distributing information, collating and logging all paperwork, logging training and development requirements, assisting with sourcing and booking of training courses, managing all course administration, preparing reports etc.
4. Leaver Administration
Acknowledge resignations, liaise with individual and line managers on the leaver process, ensure payroll, IT etc are notified, prepare leaver paperwork and conduct exit interviews.
5. General Administration
Carry out general administrative tasks eg updating HR documentation under guidance from the Director, dealing with standard requests eg mortgage and ex-employee reference requests, maintaining HR files (paper and electronic), liaising with payroll on staff movements, salary and other contract changes, staff benefits etc, administering staff benefit schemes, maintaining holiday and sickness absence records, providing general advice to line managers and employees on HR-related matters escalating to the Director as appropriate.
6. HR Database
Maintaining the HR database including entering joiners and leavers, contractual changes, promotions, salary changes, bonus information, recruitment data, appraisal, training and development data, report production etc.
Key Responsibilities – Events
- Research & source new venues, competitor events, new sponsors and exhibitors
- Social Media updates – Twitter, Hootsuite, Flickr
- HTML event mailings and website updates
- Events enquiries
- Maintaining, inputting and updating CRM, Portal and Event Databases
- Speaker, supplier and delegate liaison
- Event logistics – Function sheets, badges, delegate packs, Slido, Zkipster
- On the event day support – Printing, packing supplies, booking courier & taxis
1. Excellent attention to detail is essential
2. Methodical and thorough approach to work
3. Accurate written communication and data entry skills
4. Strong organisational skills
5. Strong customer service orientation
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong team player
8. Ability to manage competing priorities
9. An awareness of social media
10. Ability to learn quickly
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record as an Administrator
- Proven experience of working with databases
- Highly competent with MS Office Suite
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with HR databases, ideally the Access HR database
- Knowledge of online recruitment packages
This is a full-time role based at techUK’s London offices.
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org