techUK is looking for a dynamic and committed policy professional to join a three-person team focused on Brexit. The UK’s decision to leave the European Union presents a wide range of challenging issues for UK tech firms. techUK is working with its members in the UK and partners across Europe to ensure that the needs of the tech sector are understood and that tech can be a force for economic growth following the UK’s exit from the EU. The role will focus both on the withdrawal agreement and the UK’s future trading relationship with Europe and the rest of the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the voice of the UK tech sector on Brexit, working with some of the most innovative and leading tech companies that play a vital role in the UK economy. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual who is comfortable working under pressure with competing demands in a fast-paced working environment. The role would suit a confident communicator with a sharp eye for detail, looking to take their next steps in policy, advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
· Assist the Head of Brexit Policy in the implementation of techUK’s Brexit programme
· Support the delivery of an effective work programme, including but not limited to: successfully leading, managing and delivering internal and external events; the smooth running of meetings; and managing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities; acting as point of contact for techUK members.
· Researching policy issues and drafting papers and consultation responses for government, Parliamentary committees and others.
· Ensuring effective use of web and social media to communicate techUK’s positions and point of view.
· Supporting techUK’s public affairs work in Parliament and engagement across Whitehall.
· Supporting techUK’s public affairs engagement in Brussels and across the EU member states.
· Supporting techUK’s engagement with other international industry bodies, such as ITI in Washington DC.
· Working with colleagues across techUK to coordinate how Brexit impacts different parts of techUK’s work
· Working with Head of Policy to manage and implement an effective contact programme, ensuring in house CRM is used effectively
Any other duties as required by the Head of Policy and techUK's senior management
· Highly motivated individual with a positive, can do attitude who enjoys taking ownership of new areas
· A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams (membership, marketing and business services) across techUK
· Strong interest in current affairs (especially all things Brexit) and our mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
· Comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment with competing demands
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences (e.g. writing consultation responses, blogs, newsletters, letters and minute taking)
· Willingness to learn new areas and "get stuck in"
Essential Knowledge and Experience
· Good understanding of UK policy and political landscape, particularly from a business perspective
· Proven experience in public policy, public affairs, media relations and/or stakeholder engagement with a track record of successfully delivering outputs that meet project objectives
· Good grasp of the workings of Whitehall
· Proven track record and experience of managing complex relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
· Proven track record of coordinating events, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
· Comfortable with and experience of working with senior figures
· Good understanding of the role of trade bodies
· Highly competent with Microsoft and MS Office Suite
Desired Knowledge and Experience
· Experience working in a dynamic and external facing role
This is a full-time role based at techUK’s London offices.
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com